- This training has passed.
Brainspotting Phase 4: Online-Eastern Standard Time
Course is for Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors.
Pre -Requisite: Brainspotting Phase 1 training completed
Course Content Level: Advanced
Brainspotting: Phase 4
This is an advanced, evolved, innovative training in Brainspotting. This training presents three video analyses of client sessions conducted by both of Dr. Grand and those submitted by training participants. Each morning a video of a Brainspotting session will be presented by Dr. Grand which he will carefully analyze, interaction by interaction, with a high level of participant interaction (comments and questions). During each afternoon Dr. Grand will present three different advanced Brainspotting techniques; Dreamspotting, the Expansion Model and Bodyspotting. Each technique will be taught with PowerPoint lecture, a live demo and a participant practicum.
Dr. Grand is a psychotherapist, writer, lecturer, performance coach and humanitarian famous for the discovery and development of the internationally acclaimed Brainspotting method, which brings about life-changing breakthroughs.
Dr. Grand, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Ph.D. from International University, is renowned for his groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the areas of healing trauma and enhancing performance and creativity. His Brainspotting method and BioLateral Sound are now used by thousands of therapists on every continent seeking to break through the limitations of talk therapy. Dr. Grand is the author of Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change and Emotional Healing at Warp Speed.
In addition, he is the co-author of This Is Your Brain on Sports. Dr. Grand’s clients include professional athletes, entertainers, business leaders and survivors of profound trauma (including 9/11, Katrina, Newtown and Iraq/Afghanistan combat veterans). They have all sought out his powerful method as a means to realize the kind of personal, professional and creative breakthroughs.
Day 1-Friday, December 3, 2021
Exploration of the Frame in Brainspotting; PowerPoint Lecture and Q&A. 10-10:15 AM
10:15 AM – 12:45 PM
Microanalysis of Videotape of Brainspotting Session with extensive Q&A 1-2:15 PM
Dreamspotting PowerPoint Lecture
2:30 – 4 PM
Dreamspotting Demonstration and Debrief
Dreamspotting Practicum and Debrief
Day 2-Saturday, December 4, 2021
Exploration of Limbic Countertransference in Brainspotting; PowerPoint Lecture and Q&A.
10:15 AM – 1 PM
Microanalysis of Videotape of Brainspotting Session with extensive Q&A
Expansion Model of Brainspotting PowerPoint Lecture
2:30 – 4 PM
Expansion Model of Brainspotting Demonstration and Debrief
Expansion Model of Brainspotting
Practicum and Debrief
Day 3-Sunday, December 5, 2021
The Role of Emotions and Emotional Memory in Brainspotting; PowerPoint Lecture and Q&A.
10:15 AM – 1 PM
Microanalysis of Videotape of Brainspotting Session with extensive Q&A 1-2 PM
Bodyspotting PowerPoint Lecture
2:30 – 4 PM
Bodyspotting Demonstration and Debrief 4-4:15 PM
Bodyspotting Practicum and Debrief
At the completion of this training, participants of this advanced level course will be able to:
1. Identify how to more effectively set the Brainspotting Frame with their clients and how to conceptualize each case, each session to meet their client’s stated goals more directly.
2. Apply effective “frontloading” of their issue prior to Brainspotting their client’s for more effective results.
3. Demonstrate effective “Backloading” with their clients for improved results.
4. Examine Dream Spotting with their clients in order to resolve the deep,
unconscious memories chronic PTSD nightmares hold. Step-by-step instructions
5. Use Dream Spotting with confidence as they experience the power and efficacy of
Dream-Spotting by watching a demonstration and doing a session as the
“therapist” and receiving one as the “client”.
6. Choose which clients will benefit most from “Dream-Spotting.”
7. Consider advanced Brainspotting theory and techniques through moment- by-
moment video analyses of client sessions conducted by Dr. Grand. They will be
able to be more effective in Brainspotting their clients.
8. Distinguish many nuances of Brainspotting critical for clinical effectiveness with
careful analysis, interaction by interaction, with a high level of participant
interaction (comments and questions)
9. Weigh how to Brainspot their clients with a higher level of confidence after
seeing all important theories and practices demonstrated in David’s videos.
10. Evaluate Expansion Brainspotting to help their clients step into desired states of
being in their lives such as more joy or more stillness.
11. Utilize Expansion Brainspotting for their fragile clients who are too compromised
to go directly to the traumas wreaking havoc on their lives.
12. Formulate how to find Expansion Brainspots by watching the demonstration of it
and embodying the learning by participating as “client” and “therapist.”
13. Apply the Uncertainty Principle more effectively to enhance both their attunement
and their results with their clients.
14. Appraise Limbic Countertransference and will be able to identify more clearly
when they themselves are in a “Limbic hijack” which undermines their attunement with their clients.
15. Construct how to effectively navigate clients who are stuck in flashbacks for the best outcome.
16. Utilize “Bodyspotting” with their clients with injuries and strong somatic disturbances to heal trauma held in the body, mind, and Spirit.
17. Develop Bodyspotting after witnessing a demonstration and having it done to them as the “client” and practicing doing it as the “therapist.”
18. Choose which clients will most benefit from Bodyspotting.
Continuing Education Information
21 CE Hours Available through R. Cassidy Seminars. For information on continuing education and to complete the training evaluation and purchase a continuing education certificate after the completion of the training click here or cut and paste the following https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/SeminarInfo.aspx?seminarId=2091
Dates and Time
December 3-5, 2021
Cancellation Policy and Grievances
For questions or concerns, please contact Laurie.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.